Definition of metaphorical in English:
Characteristic of or relating to metaphor; figurative: many of our metaphorical expressions develop from our perceptions of the body
More example sentences
- But is a call to metaphorical arms against an imaginary adversary counter-productive?
- Salt's ability to preserve and sustain life has made it a metaphorical symbol in every religion.
- All the proposed reasons given have been either metaphorical or analogous.
- Example sentences
- The usual suspect, Mr Duff, was never really in the running - literally as well as metaphorically.
- The frescos metaphorically exalted, from outer tier to inner tier, the glories of an immense maritime empire.
- You find yourself sympathising with him even as you metaphorically shield your eyes from yet another throat being cut or head being smashed in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan