noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A toxic, colourless, volatile flammable liquid alcohol, made chiefly by oxidizing methane. Also called methyl alcohol.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH3OH
- It will also act on other small molecules, including methanol and ethylene glycol.
- For example, the alcohol derivative of methane is methanol and of ethane is ethanol.
- For instance, consider the difference between ethyl alcohol and methanol.
More definitions of methanolDefinition of methanol in:
- The US English dictionary