noun (plural same or mezes)
- (In Turkish, Greek, and Middle Eastern cookery) a selection of hot and cold dishes, typically served as an hors d’oeuvre: sit down to a Cyprus meze and a glass of wineMore example sentences
- The long menu runs from Mexican nachos with refried beans to Indian thalis, Greek salads and Middle Eastern meze.
- The Turks serve this as a meze with strips of warm pitta.
- For starters there are forty-two different kinds of mezes, cold dishes, soups and salads all for a modest £2.95 each.
from Turkish, literally 'appetizer', from Persian maza 'to relish'.
More definitions of mezeDefinition of meze in:
- The US English dictionary