(US also microanalyzer)
- An instrument in which a beam of electrons or other radiation is focused on to a minute area of a sample and the resulting secondary radiation (usually X-ray fluorescence) is analysed to yield chemical information.More example sentences
- This allowed uncoated specimens to be examined and elemental distributions to be determined using an energy dispersive X-ray microanalyser.
- A newly installed computer-controlled microanalyzer is available for use by any researcher on the campus.
- The lamellae and intervening host proved too small for individual analysis on the microanalyser.
More definitions of microanalyserDefinition of microanalyser in:
- The US English dictionary