noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A white crystalline salt obtained from human urine.
- Hydrated sodium ammonium hydrogen phosphate; chemical formula: HNaNH4PO4.4H2O
More example sentences
- However Dalton did make some contributions on microcosmic salt and on a new method of analysing sugar.
- The fluorine in this mineral was not certainly recognized by the blowpipe test, using a flux of microcosmic salt, the well-known etching-power of phosphoric acid itself standing in the way of this.
- A test similar to the borax bead test is often made using microcosmic salt.
late 18th century: translating Latin sal microcosmicus.
Definition of microcosmic salt in:
- The US English dictionary