Definition of microelectronics in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
The design, manufacture, and use of microchips and microcircuits.
- ‘Wire bonding is a highly complex technology used in microelectronics to ultrasonically fuse together components within circuitry,’ Greasley said.
- The technical drivers for sensor development come not only from materials science but from innovations in low-cost, large-scale manufacturing of interconnects, microelectronics, and micromachining.
- Basically microelectronics is electronics taken down to such a small scale that people can't do it by hand anymore - doing everything on the computer, writing hardware description language.
- Example sentences
- Molecular electronics - designing carbon-based molecules to act as wires, diodes, transistors and other microelectronic devices - is one of the most dynamic frontiers in nanotechnology.
- The invention relates to the formation of structures in microelectronic devices such as integrated circuit devices by means of borderless via architectures in intermetal dielectrics.
- These well-aligned geometries are commonly used in the nanofabrication of integrated circuits and microelectronic devices.
Definition of microelectronics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan