The generation of electricity or heat on a small scale, typically for domestic use and by methods that do not contribute to the depletion of natural resources, such as solar panels.
More example sentences
- It was good news to hear that new buildings will have to cover 15% of their carbon emission through design and microgeneration.
- Microgeneration using renewable energy technologies like solar photovoltaics (PV), solar water heating, ground source heat pumps, and wind turbines could be installed with the necessary consents.
- I am also determined that we should find ways to put energy back in the hands of people and communities - microgeneration and community scale generation must become an increasing part of our energy mix.
- More example sentences
- Even better, we microgenerate our own electricity, use the power generated while we're not at home to split water, store the hydrogen, and run our homes off fuel cells as well.
- Wind turbines, solar panels and biomass stoves can help individuals "microgenerate" power or heat.
- They give customers the ability to use six to eight solar panels to microgenerate solar electricity.
Definition of microgeneration in:
- The US English dictionary