Definition of microinject in English:
verb[with object] Biology
Inject (a substance) into a microscopic object: the recombinant gene was microinjected into fertilized mouse eggs
More example sentences
- A Tol2 clone marked with the bacterial tetracycline-resistance gene was microinjected into fertilized eggs together with a target plasmid, and the plasmid was recovered from embryos.
- ‘Assisted fertilization involves microinjecting spermatozoa directly into eggs,’ says Masahito Ikawa, a postdoctoral fellow in Verma's lab and the first author on the study.
- Each oocyte was microinjected with 40 nl of cRNA solution.
- Example sentences
- For introduction of spermatid mitochondria, in vitro fertilization was carried out by microinjection of spermatids into unfertilized oocytes as described previously.
- Interspecific heteroplasmic mice were also produced by microinjection of somatic mitochondria into pronucleus-stage embryos.
- A later investigation found a 14-21% decrease in flow resistance of blood through microvessels in vivo after microinjection of heparinase.
Definition of microinject in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia