- A part or section of the air above ground level or above another surface: the plane exploded in mid-air [as modifier]: a mid-air collisionMore example sentences
- One intact wreck is of a Firefly aircraft lost in 1956 after a mid-air collision and found recently in silty water.
- Warfield says she doesn't see much risk of a mid-air collision taking place.
- It was responsible for the mid-air collision last month between a cargo plane and a Russian airliner.
More definitions of mid-airDefinition of mid-air in:
- The US English dictionary