- 1A fielding position on the on side near the bowler.More example sentences
- At his best he bowled to three slips, gully, third man, cover, mid-off, mid-on and square short leg.
- The upright cover-drives were easy on the eye, while the superb drives down the ground - between the bowler and mid-on - earned muted gasps of admiration from the locals.
- Waddy is used to fielding in the deep, or at mid-on or mid-off.
- 1.1A fielder at mid-on.More example sentences
- The five came courtesy of a wild throw from mid-on Tyron Henderson which raced past the wicketkeeper in a botched run-out attempt.