- 1The middle part of summer: the plant blooms in midsummerMore example sentences
- It is a midsummer experience for the middle class every year.
- Unfortunately the midsummer heat in Athens means his young children Pippa, three, and Oliver, one, will have to stay at home in Faringdon with his wife Georgina, 38.
- The shabby redbrick facades of Het Straatje, or the little street, drowse like its denizens in the midsummer heat.
- 1.1The summer solstice.More example sentences
- For the remainder of the 1930s its members continued to hold services either at Stonehenge or Normanton Gorse, but in July rather than at midsummer.
- On midsummer night last year, for example, he joined other artists for a special display on the River Thames.
- The midsummer's eve dance was in precisely four days, and she already had her dress all prepared.
More definitions of midsummerDefinition of midsummer in:
- The US English dictionary