Definition of military police in English:
noun[treated as plural]
The corps responsible for police and disciplinary duties in an army: military police have foiled another attempt to attack and mutilate horses
More example sentences
- The military now has three major special-operations units, one each in the army, the military police and the marine corps.
- The burden of employment has thus fallen more and more on the National Guard and Army Reserve military police.
- There are several police forces, including internal security police, gendarmes, and military police.
military policeman noun
- Example sentences
- The company's requests for soldiers or military policemen to patrol the perimeter, and for 60 off-duty Kent police officers to work at the site, have been turned down.
- He was picked for promotion to become a military policeman and patrolled Blackburn's pubs and town centre streets.
- They were most disgusted by the military policemen who cited them for being out of uniform or other indiscretions of like seriousness.
Definition of military police in:
- US English dictionary