1British A snack bar that sells milk drinks and other refreshments.
- Harry and Sue met in the old milk bar in 1962, married a few years later and bought the site in 1974.
- This week in 1958, there was a glassing outside a pub and a brawl in a milk bar in the town centre.
- Forte's father emigrated from Italy at the age of five and later opened a milk bar in Regent Street which he slowly expanded, branching out into mid and budget-range hotels.
2Australian A corner shop.
- At the local shopping centre there was also a chemist and a milk bar.
- The couple in the milk bar are called George and Mildred.
- Walking home in the rain last night, I popped into my local milk bar to pick up a can of soup.
Definition of milk bar in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.