- 1An acute illness in female cows, goats, etc. that have just produced young, caused by calcium deficiency.More example sentences
- Vitamin D has a more direct role in prevention of milk fever and other aberrations of calcium metabolism.
- Ensure that all milking cows are receiving enough magnesium and calcium in their diet to avoid grass tetany and milk fever.
- A negative DCAB diet fed to dairy cows during the prepartum period increases plasma Ca concentrations around parturition and reduces the incidence of milk fever.
- 2A fever in women caused by infection after childbirth, formerly supposed to be due to the swelling of the breasts with milk.More example sentences
- My mother, it should be said, had milk fever and couldn't breastfeed me.
- My mother and I thought that she died of pneumonia, or perhaps milk fever.
More definitions of milk feverDefinition of milk fever in:
- The US English dictionary