noun (plural same or milkfishes)
A large active silvery fish of the Indo-Pacific region, farmed for food in SE Asia and the Philippines.
- Chanos chanos, the only member of the family Chanidae
More example sentences
- There's this mythical fish, you see, called a milkfish.
- Local fishermen report spotting species like the milkfish, which is rarely found near such small islands.
- Furthermore, there is evidence for spontaneous thrombus formation in skipjack and yellowfin tunas, as well as in milkfish.
More definitions of milkfishDefinition of milkfish in:
- The US English dictionary