- A small European freshwater fish of the sculpin family, having a broad flattened head and most active at night. Also called bullhead.
More example sentences
- Cottus gobio, family Cottidae
- They are also called miller's thumbs in some parts of the country.
- Lampreys and miller's thumbs may not be caught but poisoning by liquid manure or destruction of their environment by modern land drainage schemes goes unpunished.
- Also in the river are miller's thumbs and lamprey, a prehistoric fish, that buries into silt when young and behaves like a worm.
More definitions of miller's thumbDefinition of miller's thumb in:
- The US English dictionary