Definition of mind-numbing in English:
So extreme or intense as to prevent normal thought: conversations of mind-numbing tedium
More example sentences
- Cook's findings are presented in boringly linear sequence, fact following fact with mind-numbing monotony.
- So people eventually came in and the day developed into the same mind-numbing tedium that I've come to expect.
- Well excuse me for interrupting your precious mind-numbing serial with actual news!
- Example sentences
- The sparse dialogue is as mind-numbingly declamatory and unsubtle as political oratory or operatic aria.
- Nor was this match forgettable; this mind-numbingly dull 90 minutes will remain forever etched in the memories of all 6,227 spectators.
- And as with most of the international trade treaties, it sounds mind-numbingly boring, but its potential implications are huge.
Definition of mind-numbing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia