So extreme or intense as to prevent normal thought: conversations of mind-numbing tedium
More example sentences
- Cook's findings are presented in boringly linear sequence, fact following fact with mind-numbing monotony.
- So people eventually came in and the day developed into the same mind-numbing tedium that I've come to expect.
- Well excuse me for interrupting your precious mind-numbing serial with actual news!
- Example sentences
- The sparse dialogue is as mind-numbingly declamatory and unsubtle as political oratory or operatic aria.
- Nor was this match forgettable; this mind-numbingly dull 90 minutes will remain forever etched in the memories of all 6,227 spectators.
- And as with most of the international trade treaties, it sounds mind-numbingly boring, but its potential implications are huge.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: mind-numbing
Definition of mind-numbing in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.