Definition of ministerial in English:
1Relating to a government minister or ministers: a back-bencher who had never held ministerial office
More example sentences
- He has an abundance of political experience, including senior ministerial office, and will relish the challenge of heading the new beefed-up Transport Department.
- After 15 days, an agreement was reached through which the Lefts and the Greens were excluded from ministerial office, but would keep the government in power.
- But in light of his political biography there can be no doubt of his preparedness to assume a ministerial office in a Union-led government.
2Relating to a minister of religion: the basic ministerial stipend
More example sentences
- It is this kind of ecclesiology that will lead to a ministerial leadership and ecclesial structures that will equip believers for their callings.
- In short, the presbyteral priesthood was at the center of the sacramental understanding of ministerial order.
- YTM provides theological, spiritual, and ministerial formation both to high-school students and to their teachers and ministers.
3 Law Relating to or entrusted with the execution of the law or the commands of a superior.
- That, however, was where the suggested alternative remedy was a ministerial default power rather than a statutory appeal process.
- The convention of ministerial responsibility is not enforced by the judiciary.
- However, Gecas can seek a judicial review of the ministerial decision.
- Example sentences
- Creationists have nothing against science being used ministerially, i.e. to build on the framework provided by the propositional teachings of Scripture, e.g. to build models to help elucidate Scripture.
- In that respect, I am disappointed in Parliament, but we will no doubt get another chance to debate it, and it is as it should be that Parliament, ultimately, decides these things, not a bunch of ministerially appointed experts.
- You cannot separate what you are from what you do; you cannot separate the effect of truth upon your own relationship to God personally from the effect of truth through you ministerially.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan