Definition of misperceive in English:
Perceive wrongly or incorrectly: every now and then one speaker or reader misperceives some word, and a mutation results
More example sentences
- Commonly, pilgrims misperceive this vision and incorrectly assume that the vision is a piece of land devoid of rocks and stones upon which something may be built.
- To perceive these cargoes as ‘ballast’ is to misperceive the nature of the coastal trade.
- I suggest that many Americans misperceive the process of gaining citizenship, and think it's actually a lot easier than it proves to be.
- Example sentences
- The possibility of unforeseeable misperceptions and illusions is fundamental to objectivity.
- The most interesting part of the story is the handy little graphic that shows the correlation of the misperceptions held with the primary news source of the mistaken respondents.
- ‘I think that was a misperception on people's parts,’ she says of the accusations of an imbalance in her programming.