Definition of mispronounce in English:
Pronounce (a word) incorrectly: she mispronounced my name
More example sentences
- Unconvincingly, the Tory leader - mispronouncing the word ‘leadership’ - said he welcomed the chance to put his job on the line.
- Correct your child every time she mispronounces a word.
- And then we sat down and he told me in no uncertain terms that I'd mispronounced a word, and that if I ever embarrassed him like that again, he'd kill me.
- Example sentences
- The Esmonde's named the castle after a place called Hunnington in Lincolnshire from which the Esmondes originally came and the name ‘Huntington’ came as a mispronunciation.
- If he's brought up in England, he's up for a life of misspelling and mispronunciation of his name.
- Then there's the time I was dealing with a sobbing woman on the phone, processing some information relating to her husband's death; and I made a glaring mispronunciation.
Words that rhyme with mispronounceannounce, bounce, denounce, flounce, fluid ounce, jounce, ounce, pounce, pronounce, renounce, trounce
Definition of mispronounce in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan