- A portable computing device such as a smartphone or tablet computer: whether you’re on a mobile device or a desktop, good security practices are the best way to avoid these threatsMore example sentences
- Using a mobile device to write messages while at the wheel is a dangerous distraction from what's happening on the road, which is precisely why it is prohibited in many countries.
- Wi-Fi allows our mobile devices to communicate with a world far beyond our physical location.
- Weisman shows how social media, mobile devices, and the cloud have created major new dangers and how groups ranging from local hackers to foreign organized crime syndicates are exploiting them.
More definitions of mobile deviceDefinition of mobile device in:
- The US English dictionary