- A combined device for modulation and demodulation, for example, between the digital data of a computer and the analogue signal of a telephone line.More example sentences
- For example: a modem driver allows the modem inside your computer work with Windows.
- The receiving modem translates the analog signals back to digital form.
- Another device that is very handy is a voice modem with telephone recording software.
verb[with object and adverbial of direction] Back to top
- Send (data) by modem: Iva and Bill were modeming new programs to New OrleansMore example sentences
- Run a report of the tally from the polling place before phoning, modeming or driving anything to the county.
- They will modem in to work from locations very distant from central headquarters.
1950s: blend of modulator and demodulator.
More definitions of modemDefinition of modem in:
- The US English dictionary