Definition of modular in English:
1Employing or involving a module or modules as the basis of design or construction: modular housing units
More example sentences
- Equipped with low level perch seats to discourage beggars and stray animals from cuddling down, the shelters employ modular construction for fast assembling.
- In the course of doing this, it has transformed itself into one of Britain's leading experts on designing, costing, project managing and financing modular construction.
- On this note, it might have been beneficial to include a few of the artist's recent modular, design-oriented constructions of wood and paint.
1.1Relating to an educational course designed as a series of independent units of study that can be combined in a number of ways: moves to make all Britain’s vocational qualifications modular modular courses coupled with practical experience
More example sentences
- The courses have become more modular, with more emphasis on coursework and continuous assessment, and less on exams at the end of two years.
- And this occurred just after we had returned to teaching separate science GCSEs, after spending a considerable number of years teaching a modular combined science course.
- Seminaries offer evening classes, weekend modular courses and occasional meetings in smaller cohorts in church basements.
2 Mathematics Relating to a modulus.
- One of the main reasons for including an introduction to modular arithmetic is that the two most popular public key algorithms use modular exponentiation as their basic mathematical process.
- These problems form the basis of a conjecture: every elliptic curve defined over the rational field is a factor of the Jacobian of a modular function field.
- Complex multiplication and modular forms had been treated in the 19th century by Kronecker and Heinrich Weber, who discovered their link with class field theory.
- Example sentences
- As already suggested, modularity is a discipline that requires close functional identification with a pattern or configuration that will change.
- The driving force behind the aesthetics of modularity is a transformation in the geometry of class, the shift from a national to a global process of class formation.
- But as a formation modularity lacks the notion of semiotic play and drift that is for many the overriding feature of postmodernity.
Words that rhyme with modularnodular
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan