- 1(In number theory) with respect to or using a modulus of a specified number. Two numbers are congruent modulo a given number if they give the same remainder when divided by that number: 19 and 64 are congruent modulo 5 8 is equivalent to 1 in arithmetic modulo 7More example sentences
- All that is left to determine is the case of linking numbers congruent to 0 modulo 4.
- I mathematically proved that the repeated addition process is the same as looking at the number modulo 9, i.e. divide by 9 and look at the remainder.
- In particular he examined the remainders of powers of a number modulo n.
- 1.1 [as modifier] Using moduli: modulo operationsMore example sentences
- In the mass-conserving variation, modulo 3 arithmetic is more useful.
late 19th century: from Latin, ablative of modulus (see modulus).
More definitions of moduloDefinition of modulo in:
- The US English dictionary