- 1The hair of the angora goat.More example sentences
- Their large herd of Angora goats that are sheared for the fiber the goats produce, mohair, are rounded up twice a year.
- His great-uncle started the business in the mid-19th century when he moved to Bradford from Turkey to trade in opium for the pharmaceutical trade, wheat, barley, fur and mohair.
- Farmers from as far as Jilingarra, Gidgegannup, Merredin and Armadale visited the farm to see a team of local shearers and the preparation of mohair for sale.
- 1.1A yarn or fabric made from mohair, typically mixed with wool: [as modifier]: a mohair sweaterMore example sentences
- For our illustration, we chose a tailored skirt suit in a textured wool, mohair, and linen blend.
- The clothing is available in a vast variety of weights, with plush effects, blended with silk, mohair, wool and lurex in the ways that make these garments instantly recognizable.
- From the toy bears on wheels, they expanded to the production of stuffed toy animals for which they utilized mohair plush, a new fabric woven from the wool of angora goats.
late 16th century: from Arabic muḵayyar 'cloth made of goat's hair' (literally 'choice, select'). The change in ending was due to association with hair.
More definitions of mohairDefinition of mohair in:
- The US English dictionary