- 1Wet slightly: she moistened her lips with the tip of her tongueMore example sentences
- Slightly moisten the rock salt with the water and spread on a tray large enough to take the oysters.
- Dredge the bones in flour to coat, slightly moistening the bones with reserved liquid if necessary to make starch adhere.
- To obtain each sample, 4 sterile cotton-tipped applicators were slightly moistened in sterile saline and swabbed along the length of the shaft.
- 1.1 [no object] (Of the eyes) fill with tears: her eyes moistenedMore example sentences
- The comment stung Renae and she felt the danger of tears as her eyes moistened.
- Her throat felt dry and her eyes moistened as a tear jerked itself out, her breath turned to gasps of disbelief.
- ‘At 30, I thought I was going to live happily ever after,’ he says, his eyes moistening for the first time.