- 1For a very short time: as he passed Jenny’s door, he paused momentarilyMore example sentences
- He said Mitchell paused only momentarily before crossing the central reservation.
- I was getting ready to go call a cab, and paused momentarily to gaze at Gavin.
- Jane paused momentarily, caught up in shock at both her own mistake and at Mr. Collins's harsh reaction.
- 2North American At any moment; very soon: my husband will be here to pick me up momentarilyMore example sentencesSynonyms(very) soon, in a minute, in a second, in a trice, in a flash, shortly, any minute, any minute now, in a short time, in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, in (less than) no time, in no time at all, before you know it, before long• informal in a jiffy, in two shakes, in two shakes of a lamb's tail, before you can say Jack Robinson, in the blink of an eye, in a blink, in the wink of an eye, in a wink, before you can say knifeBritish • informal in a tick, in two ticks, in a moNorth American • informal in a snap• archaic or • informal anon• archaic ere long