Definition of momentary in English:
Lasting for a very short time; brief: a momentary lapse of concentration
More example sentences
- It may have been due to her diabetes or a momentary lapse of concentration that she drifted across the road.
- Occasionally he tapped the ash, a momentary pause in the almost mechanical rhythm of the smoking.
- In any event, she was charming in the face of my momentary lapse in speech.
- Example sentences
- The thesis of the momentariness of human existence has had a recent defender in Derek Parfit.
- Despite their momentariness within the whole work, it is probable that a late 15 th-century audience familiar with the chanson would have found these quotations striking.
- Despite the extreme artificiality and banality of this Hollywood equation, he manages to convey some of the charged momentariness of a real-life encounter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.