Definition of money shot in English:
1(In a pornographic film) a sequence in which an actor ejaculates.
- As such, the money shot provides visible evidence of sexual pleasure and functions as proof that they're really doing it and not merely faking it.
- For instance, what the business names the 'money shot' (visible ejaculation) is not a realistic element but a narrative convention to enhance the believability of what happens on the screen.
- They are a little less graphic than traditional adult videos (lacking the "money shot" for example), and are aimed at the more timid of adult video newbies.
1.1A crucial or climactic moment, especially of a film: and now for the money shot: the Titanic shearing in half in the middle of a freezing ocean the preview even shows the money shot of the spiders rampaging through the town
More example sentences
- After a couple of hours, I got my "money shot" - an adult brown pelican in full profile, sitting calmly on a wood post, looking almost like a saucer with a head on it.
- Jonah and I were tweaking the crater scene (2nd to last, an emotional money shot), and he wanted to cut away to a wide landscape shot for a bit during the caretaker's explanation of the crater.
- It's because of this that I use Rear Window, especially the scene culminating in my personal 'money shot', whenever I teach introductory film theory.
Definition of money shot in:
- US English dictionary