An adjustable spanner with large jaws which has its adjusting screw located in the jaw that is fixed.
- Consider a multi-wrench for those all-purpose jobs, but also add a pipe wrench, a spud wrench, strap and chain wrench, and a monkey wrench.
- They taught me how to work the wrench, the monkey wrench, so I kind of had to do a bit of training, to be honest with you.
- Last, but not least, what tool kit is not complete without a monkey wrench.
(monkey-wrench) [with object] informal Sabotage (something), especially as a form of protest: they will spike trees and monkeywrench any attempts to log in wilderness areas (as noun monkey-wrenching) the five defendants received jail sentences for monkey-wrenching
More example sentences
- ‘They would have let me out after a month if I'd expressed remorse,’ he says, ‘but we couldn't let them think jailing me would stop monkey-wrenching.’
- More than a narrative of organizing, demonstrating and monkey-wrenching, it places Earth First!
- For years, they were seen as the power behind attempted monkey-wrenching to the state's environmental laws and its stiff anti-corporate farming law.
a monkey wrench in the works
- see work.
- Example sentences
- What would Abbey's principal monkey-wrencher think of a trail named after him?
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: mon¦key wrench
Definition of monkey wrench in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.