- Of or denoting a crystal system or three-dimensional geometrical arrangement having three unequal axes of which one is at right angles to the other two.More example sentences
- All crystals display anomalous birefringence when viewed down the c-axis, indicating that they have lower than hexagonal symmetry - probably monoclinic or triclinic.
- Minute, monoclinic acanthite crystals on lead-hillite and silver are reported from the Mammoth-St. Anthony mine, Pinal County.
- It is pale pink and has physical, optical, and crystallographic properties similar to those of the other monoclinic members of the amphibole group.
More definitions of monoclinicDefinition of monoclinic in:
- The US English dictionary