- Involving or controlled by a single gene.More example sentences
- Another difficulty when working with agronomically relevant traits is that many quantitative traits are not inherited in a monogenic manner but are controlled by multiple genes.
- A large number of genes have been described and assigned to specific locations among the 12 chromosomes, and numerous monogenic mutants are available.
- Classical genetics of human disease deals with monogenic disorders in which a single mutation in a single gene is causatively related to the phenotype.
More definitions of monogenicDefinition of monogenic in:
- The US English dictionary