Definition of monomolecular in English:
1(Of a layer) one molecule thick.
- The strong adsorption on such materials at surface or interfaces in the form of an orientated monomolecular layer is termed surface activity.
- On the one hand, a monomolecular layer of the most abundant molecular species, DPPC, can reduce the surface tension close to zero, like the entire surfactant.
- The matter formed a monomolecular layer with rafts of condensed lipids, diffusing in a fluid matrix.
1.1Consisting of or involving one molecule.
- Electron microscopy, gel electrophoresis, and differential scanning calorimetry show that such fusion involves lipid vesicle formation and dissociation of monomolecular lipid-poor protein.
- Interestingly, the monomolecular two-state model considered for DNA condensation resembles the models for ligand-induced protein conformational transition.
- This would imply that the nucleation event is in fact a monomolecular event, e.g., a slow transition of individual lysozyme molecules to a partially folded state that initiates fibril formation.
Definition of monomolecular in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan