Definition of monospecific in English:
1Relating to or consisting of only one species.
- No differences were detected in either species whether they foraged in monospecific flocks or mixed species flocks, and therefore, there are no indications of habitat displacement.
- In addition, there are six genera with three taxa, 10 genera with two taxa, and 71 monospecific genera.
- Mixed patches of H. wrightii and T. testudinum were found along much of the margin between monospecific stands of these two species.
1.1(Of an antibody) specific to one antigen.
- Protein extracts from Escherichia coli expressing this fusion were subjected to SDS-PAGE, transferred to nitrocellulose filters, and used for affinity purification of monospecific antibodies from the crude sera.
- By western blot assays the antibody was monospecific against the Mn-SOD of pea leaf extracts.
- All isolates were tested for polysaccharide serotype and cell surface-expressed protein profile by double immunoprecipation in agarose using monospecific antisera.
Definition of monospecific in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan