1(In horses) a recurrent inflammatory disease of the eyes, causing intermittent blindness.
- There is indeed a disease colloquially known as moon blindness, but it only occurs in horses.
- From time-to-time, horse owners and veterinarians see equine recurrent uveitis, also known as periodic ophthalmia or moon blindness, in horses.
- Equine recurrent uveitis, also known as moon blindness, is the most common cause of blindness in this species.
- Example sentences
- We often worked at night and knew that if you stared too long at the fire, like a moon-blind horse, your vision could not adjust to the dark.
- She's had several that have come up either night blind or one foal who was moon-blind at weaning but she never knew.
Definition of moon blindness in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.