Definition of moral in English:
- It is also clear that moral principles and political judgments are inextricably intertwined.
- The cardinal virtues enable leaders to habitually incorporate moral principles in their behaviour.
- We do not live in an ideal world, and to make moral judgments about the behaviour of others is demeaning.
- Further, the arguments are based in moral rather than legal terms.
- Moreover, statements are qualifiedly privileged if made pursuant to a legal, social or moral duty.
- The society safeguards the moral and social code necessary for them to live together in harmony.
- Smith was a moral philosopher and as such his role was to do nothing, and observe everything.
- David was a moral philosopher and historian and a leading member of the Scottish Enlightenment.
- These debates are driven by contrasting moral visions of the proper authority of teachers and the proper docility of students.
- What is the proper role for the military in this new political and moral relationship?
- Ms Lay said her husband is an ‘honest, decent, moral human begin who would do absolutely nothing wrong.’
nounBack to top
- The moral of this story is not that honesty works.
- As always the moral of this story is to use you credit card for any sizeable purchases as any problem with the goods or retailer become the card company's problem rather than yours.
- I guess the moral of this story is to question, always question.
- There is such a thing as a modicum of decency and morals of public behaviour.
- I suppose my image has changed but I'd like to think I'm still the same Vivienne and that my principles and morals are the same.
- My mother and father did a great job in instilling the morals and principles in us from the very beginning.
late Middle English: from Latin moralis, from mos, mor- 'custom', (plural) mores 'morals'. As a noun the word was first used to translate Latin Moralia, the title of St Gregory the Great's moral exposition of the Book of Job, and was subsequently applied to the works of various classical writers.
- theories which assert that all inequality is morally wrong his morally bankrupt lifestyle the task of education was to reinvigorate citizenship in order that pupils might act morallyMore example sentences
- Miss Lyall said the ‘ludicrous idea’ would have been morally and ethically wrong.
- He did something morally and ethically wrong, but he did not breach any laws.
- Secondly, as has been stressed before, it is legally and morally wrong to promote racism.