noun (plural same or Mossis)
A member of a people of Burkina Faso in West Africa. Their language is More.
- Roy knew far less than I did about the Mossi of Burkina Faso when I defended my dissertation in 1979.
- Until the end of the 19th century, the history of Burkina Faso was dominated by the empire-building Mossi.
- All Mossi prefer death to humiliation, and so when he was sent a poison arrow and a rope by the Minister of the Interior, he immediately chose to prick his own thigh with the arrow (as opposed to being hanged).
Relating to the Mossi.
- The French administered the area indirectly through Mossi authorities until independence was achieved on August 5, 1960.
- Even so, Mossi culture shows Muslim influences.
- Before French colonization in the 19th century the region was ruled by a number of Mossi states.
The name in More.
Definition of Mossi in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.