adjective (mossier, mossiest)
1Covered in or resembling moss: mossy tree trunks
More example sentences
- A slightly uneven surface is studded with irregular mossy rocks and covered with the northern European forest mixture of grass and creeping shrubs like bilberry.
- Their outstretched branches covered the mossy ground and entwined with the branches of the neighboring trees.
- The track was soft and mossy, and it led though ferns and brackens, thickets of brambles and groves of tall Himalayan cedar trees.
- Example sentences
- I was surprised to skid around a little on my balcony this morning, but that wet mossiness is a known hazard.
- The flowers eventually fade and give way to a gentle green mossiness.
- The trees, tall and close together, and the moss, spreading its green dark mossiness, are still there.
Words that rhyme with mossybossy, Flossie, flossy, glossy, posse
Definition of mossy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.