Definition of mossy in English:
adjective (mossier, mossiest)
1Covered in or resembling moss: mossy tree trunks
More example sentences
- A slightly uneven surface is studded with irregular mossy rocks and covered with the northern European forest mixture of grass and creeping shrubs like bilberry.
- Their outstretched branches covered the mossy ground and entwined with the branches of the neighboring trees.
- The track was soft and mossy, and it led though ferns and brackens, thickets of brambles and groves of tall Himalayan cedar trees.
- Example sentences
- I was surprised to skid around a little on my balcony this morning, but that wet mossiness is a known hazard.
- The flowers eventually fade and give way to a gentle green mossiness.
- The trees, tall and close together, and the moss, spreading its green dark mossiness, are still there.
Words that rhyme with mossybossy, Flossie, flossy, glossy, posse
Definition of mossy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan