- A short piece of sacred choral music.More example sentences
- Two short sacred motets (one a solo and the other a duet) by this same composer fill out the program.
- Brahms finished off his sacred choral music with the Op. 110 motets, another trilogy.
- The Kendal South programme, directed by Hugh Davies, features Mozart's much loved Requiem, Bruckner motets and an orchestral work, Mozart's Violin Concerto no 3 in G.
late Middle English: from Old French, diminutive of mot 'word'.
More definitions of motetDefinition of motet in:
- The US English dictionary