- A mother-figure deity, a central figure of many early nature cults where maintenance of fertility was of prime religious importance. Examples of such goddesses include Isis, Astarte, Cybele, and Demeter.More example sentences
- What she found amazing in their culture was the cult of the mother goddess as the pillar of the family.
- The festival is dedicated to Durga, the mother goddess who also represents power.
- The Ganges is worshiped as a mother goddess, Gangadevi, and her celestial water is believed to possess supernatural power.
More definitions of mother goddessDefinition of mother goddess in:
- The US English dictionary