A tall strong-smelling European plant of the mint family. It is used in herbal medicine, especially in the treatment of gynaecological disorders.
- Leonurus cardiaca, family Labiatae
More example sentences
- In his head, he made a catalog of what the tea would need - blackcurrant, chamomile, heather, hawthorn, lemon balm, motherwort, marjoram, passion flower, and St John's wort.
- Chewing insects can spread the disease from weeds as they feed, so be sure to remove all nearby pokeweed, nightshade, catnip, horsenettle and motherwort.
- Uterine-stimulating herbs, such as black cohosh, blue cohosh, achyranthes root, goldenseal, motherwort, wild ginger, and red raspberry leaf, have been used to induce labor.
Definition of motherwort in:
- The US English dictionary