- Not moving; stationary: an eagle hung almost motionless close to the groundMore example sentences
- The victim's partner lay unconscious and motionless on the pavement for seven minutes after the attack.
- Hundreds of people were standing, motionless and quiet, watching the screens with open mouths.
- When I got to him he wasn't breathing, and was lying motionless on the road.
- More example sentences
- But they gazed motionlessly at some far-away nothingness.
- I sit there motionlessly, hands on the steering wheel.
- All I could see was blood everywhere, with my father lying motionlessly on the floor, the greater part of his body covered in the ash from the fire.