- The part of the cerebral cortex in the brain in which originate the nerve impulses that initiate voluntary muscular activity.More example sentences
- The voluntary muscles are regulated by the parts of the brain known as the cerebral motor cortex and the cerebellum.
- During REM sleep, the brain transfers short-term memories in the motor cortex to the temporal lobe to become long-term memories, Maas said.
- The motor cortex is a brain region that controls voluntary muscle movement.
More definitions of motor cortexDefinition of motor cortex in:
- The US English dictionary