nounchiefly North American
- 1A cinema film: [as modifier]: a movie starMore example sentences
- These are undoubtedly his most successful movies in a film career which contains a wide mix of the good, the bad and the mediocre.
- Estrada, a former action movie star, assumed the presidency in 1998.
- I think we both agree on the importance of the movie theater version.
- 1.1 (the movies) Films generally or the film industry: we decided to go the moviesMore example sentences
- Believe me it's far more difficult to know what to say to an unconscious loved one than the movies make out.
- Caine then tells Parkinson about his love for the movies, and the main reasons he became an actor.
- You don't need to be a film buff to enjoy the movies or a football fanatic to watch a game.