Definition of moviemaker in English:
nounchiefly North American
A person who directs or produces cinema films.
- In attempting to make a broad-ranging, effective contemporary film, the moviemakers invoked images and qualities of other genres and times and created a hybrid product.
- A film that has inspired moviemakers for decades, King Kong has finally come to DVD, just in time for its big screen remake by Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson.
- Over the last century, writers like Rudyard Kipling and moviemakers like Walt Disney have given almost human qualities to what in real life are wild and untamable animals.
- Example sentences
- Orson Welles likened his first experiences in moviemaking to having ‘the biggest magic kit a boy was ever given.’
- Cinema and moviemaking have this incredible capacity to work like memory or to work like dreams.
- One issue that will probably vex some viewers is that the film has a loose structure; it's more like a string of scenes about moviemaking than a directed narrative.
Definition of moviemaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India