- A tree of central Africa (especially Zimbabwe), with fragrant white flowers and compound leaves which are crimson and bronze in spring.
More example sentences
- Brachystegia spiciformis, family Leguminosae
- It is - or was - a beautiful little church, nestling among the granite rocks and msasa trees that grow to a great height in that region.
- The park was particularly beautiful as September can be with the msasas out.
- In spring the msasa trees flood the countryside with a scarlet and orange display of vivid glory before turning summer green.
early 20th century: from Shona.