- An epithelial tissue which secretes mucus, and lines many body cavities and tubular organs including the gut and respiratory passages.More example sentences
- The airways also become inflamed with swelling of the bronchial mucous membrane and secretion of excessive thick mucus that is difficult to expel.
- As powder is inhaled, it can sensitize an individual through the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract.
- These fumes are toxic and may have irritating effects on mucous membranes of the respiratory tract and eyes.
More definitions of mucous membraneDefinition of mucous membrane in:
- The US English dictionary