noun (plural multigravidae /-diː/)Medicine & Zoology
- A woman (or female animal) that is or has been pregnant for at least a second time.More example sentences
- Analysis of carriage rate with parity, age and clinical status: In the study population, there were 89 primigravidae and 111 multigravidae.
- The second phase included 45 primiandae and 55 multigravidae with an age range of 20-32 years.
- It occurs late in pregnancy for primigravida and at the onset of labor for multigravida.
late 19th century: from multi- 'many', on the pattern of primigravida.
More definitions of multigravidaDefinition of multigravida in:
- The US English dictionary