Definition of multimode in English:
1Characterized by several different modes of activity or occurrence.
- Standard multimode and single mode cables are supported.
- Furthermore, she suggests that rather than attempting to reconcile the differences, we might consider ‘social connectedness to exist in a kind of multimodal continuum’.
- AthosCal, a prototype multimodal calendar application, runs on several platforms including PDAs and desktop computers.
2 Statistics (Of a frequency curve or distribution) having several modes or maxima.
- None of the histograms suggest multimodal distributions and tests of normality indicate normal distributions.
- Chromosomes 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10 seem to have bimodal or multimodal distributions.
- However, synoptic weather codes predicted patterns of migration even in calm winds and we often observed a multimodal distribution of simultaneous tracks at a single site, presumably under similar wind conditions.
2.1(Of a property) occurring with a multimode distribution.
- With a large enough h the density estimate can always be made to appear unimodal; with a small enough h the density estimate can always be made to appear bimodal (or even multimodal, having more than two peaks).
- These density estimates will initially be bimodal or multimodal, but will become unimodal once h increases past a certain critical value.
Definition of multimode in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.