1The universe considered as lacking order or a single ruling and guiding power.
- If you adopt the idea of the multiverse, the anthropic principle may seem to furnish one of the oddest proofs for the existence of God yet promoted by human minds.
- I conclude that the multiverse is ontologically equivalent to naïve deism.
- In reply, a theist can appeal to the ultimate contingency that surfaces in the questions, ‘Why is there a multiverse?’
1.1A hypothetical space or realm consisting of a number of universes, of which our own universe is only one.
- He treats the multiverse as if it were a quantum computer.
- Reality is a multiverse rather than a simple universe.
- That would explain a lot of the nonlocal quatum effects, and allows for the multiverse, hidden variable, and the state vector collapse.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: multi|verse
Definition of multiverse in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.